SWOT Analysis of Southwest Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Southwest Airlines Co.
Stop Searching. Start Traveling; A Symbol of Freedom; Southwest Airlines. THE Low Fare Airline; How do we love you? Let us count the ways
Largest low cost carrier in United States
Price sensitive passengers
Low cost American airline
1. Maximizes use of Internet for reservation 2. Has Boeing fleet that has minimized maintenance expenses 3. Admirable relations with workforce that leads to higher sales 4. Presents credits on amount spent instead of distance travelled
5. Operates more than 3300 flights daily to neatly 100 destinations
6. Strong employee base of 37,000 people
1. Strong competition from other LCC carriers means limited market share growth
2. Dependence only on the American market
1. Expansion to other cities 2. International flights and global expansion 3. Potential for research in marketing and advertising
1. Operating cost likely to increase and hence air fare will increase 2. Increasing and effective use of internet by competitors 3. Increase in fuel prices
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.