SWOT Analysis of Lion Air with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
PT Lion Mentari Airlines (Rusdi Kirana and family)
We make people fly
Indonesia’s largest privately run airline
Price conscious traveler
Middle class / Frequent fliers
Low cost carrier
1. It has the largest share of the domestic market share 2. A very strong name in Indonesian market with High top of the mind recall 3. The airline jointly announced with Boeing for a record-setting order of 200+ Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-900ER planes setting the record for the world's biggest single order of 230 planes
4. Financially strong and good reputation of the brand
1. The airline is limited to a very small market
2. Controversies involving the pilots affected the image of the company
1. Increase in destinations and services of cargo being offered 2. Lion Air along with its National Aerospace & Defense Industries signed a JV agreement to set up a new airline in Malaysia 3. Global tie-ups with international airlines and destinations
1. Negative perception about the airline regarding safety measures 2. Increasing fuel cost 3. With many orders of aircrafts in place, maintenance cost in the future will be very high
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lion Air. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.