China Southern Airways SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Airlines, Total Reads: 3585
SWOT Analysis of China Southern Airways with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
China Southern Airways
China Southern Airlines Co., Ltd.
Always Cheaper Than On The Ground
One of Asia's largest airline in terms of both fleet size and passengers carried
Customers looking for punctuality and efficiency
Middle class / Upper middle class
Smooth and efficient operations
1. Largest air transport network in China with access to over 150 cities and over 600 domestic routes.
2. Centrally located in Guangdong for easy access to the rapid industrial growth of the Pearl River Delta.
3. Culturally, politically, linguistically, and historically synchronized with the Chinese market and the changes occurring within Chinese air transport.
4. Largest domestic cargo carrier
5. History as State Owned Entity and residual access and political access with the Civil Aviation Administration of China.
1. Small air cargo business segment and limited experience in air cargo freight and overnight transport logistics.
2. Undergoing continuous business reorganization and cultural change due to Chinese air transport deregulation, recent acquisitions, and alliances.
1. Utilize first-to-market advantage to build customer loyalty and to “lock-in” air cargo customers via contract and real-time technology before competitors commence expanded services in Chinese domestic market.
2. Utilize cultural background to implement Chinese air cargo information technology that reduces costs for independent shippers/forwarders in China through real time shipment communication.
3. Establish communication centres to accurately predict package/cargo volume and to reduce wasted belly space on domestic routes.
1. Increased domestic Chinese competition and resultant decreases in scale economies.
2. Inadequate grants of slot space and access to international hubs to compete internationally in the absence of further follow-through with alliances.
3. Increased competition from substitutes as Chinese surface transport infrastructure develops.
4. Jet Fuel price increases causing slowing of Chinese economy and overcapacity of air cargo carriers.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to China Southern Airways. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.