SWOT Analysis of TAM Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
LATAM Airlines Group
Passion to fly and serve
One of the Largest Brazilian Airline
First time Flyers / Cost sensitive customers
Middle class and Upper middle class
An affordable airline pan Brazil
1. It was the first airline to introduce a frequent flier program in Brazil which is now used by around 9 million people 2. With a fleet size of over 150+, it has a strong presence in Brazil, Paraguay, Europe, North and South America. 3. Merging with LAN Airlines has made it possible to serve more destinations with better efficiency
4. TAM was the first Brazilian airline to get an IOSA certification (International Operational Safety Audit) granted by IATA (International Air Transport Association) 5. Provides flights to 60+ destinations
1. Very less presence in large Europe and Asian market 2. TAM is highly dependent upon the macroeconomic stability and government intervention in Brazil
1. Expansion in Asian market 2. Leverage merger with LAN airlines to strengthen presence in American market 3. Establishing kiosks in subways of Brazil to cancel/book tickets and hence increase accessibility for Brazilian population
4. Leverage association with Casas Bahia, Brazil's largest non-food retailer to attract low-income customers
1. Strong competition in Europe and America
2. Increasing Fuel and Labor cost 3. Fluctuating economic scenario of BRIC affecting number of flyers
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TAM Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.