SWOT Analysis of AirTran Airways with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Go. There's nothing stopping you
Quality service at very cheap rates
Customers looking for cost effectiveness
Low income groups/ middle class
Low cost carrier
1. One of the most identifiable brand names in the airline industry in the United States. 2. Being under Southwest Airlines it makes it possible for AirTran to provide service to several leisure destinations such as Cancún, Montego Bay and Aruba 3. High customer satisfaction rate
4. Good customer base owing to low fares and good service
1. Highly dependent on domestic market 2. AirTran is only available mainly in the eastern United States, thus losing out customers willing to travel westwards
3. Aging fleet is an area of concern
1. AirTran has a major opportunity to expand drastically its US presence by moving airport terminals westward 2. In order to gain and keep loyal customer it needs to improve its airline quality rating (AQR) 3. In order to differentiate itself, AirTran can increase use of technology for its in-flight service like ipods hooked up in every seat
1. Political policies enforced by the US and other countries in which AirTran operates can have a huge impact on the company as a whole 2. Labor strikes and Increasing fuel cost 3. Increased number of low cost carriers in the United States
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AirTran Airways. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.