SWOT Analysis of Alaska Airways with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Alaska Air Group
North of Expected
Known for its quality service
Frequent travelers / Business men
Middle class / Upper middle class
High quality of service
1. It is the seventh-largest US airline in terms of passenger traffic 2. J. D. Power and Associates ranked Alaska Airlines highest in customer satisfaction for traditional North American airlines for 5 consecutive years
3. Alaska Airlines carries more passengers between the state of Alaska and the contiguous United States than any other airline thus has a strong presence in domestic market 4. Due to the geographic location of Alaska, air travel is the largest form of transportation
1. Not a member of any of the Airline Alliances 2. Absence in lucrative Asian market
1. In-flight entertainment player created by Alaska 2. Membership of any airline alliance will help to increase reach via code share agreements 3. Leverage on association with Starbucks to provide onboard coffee by creating awareness in all Starbucks outlets
1. Fluctuating demand of air travel by economy class 2. Increasing cost of aviation fuel 3. Increasing cost of training employees as high technology is used by Alaska
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Alaska Airways. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.