SWOT Analysis of Alitalia Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
CAI (Compagnia Aerea Italiana) and Air France-KLM
The pleasure of flying Made in Italy
Largest airline of Italy
Business men and individual air travellers
Middle class / upper middle class
1. With a fleet size of 120 it serves 85+ destinations in 41 countries worldwide 2. It has a high market share (based on seat capacity) in the domestic market with a high top of the mind brand recall 3. Alitalia was nominated as Europe's most punctual airline and as one of the world's five most punctual airlines
4. Carries nearly 25 million passengers per annum
1. The airline was almost dissolved and relaunched in 2009, although it has seen positive growth, restructuring of the airline is in process and hence operational efficiencies are not optimal
2. Limited presence outside Europe compared to leading international airlines
1. Leverage ownership of LCC Air One to tap low income group customers 2. Leverage association with Air-France to further increase its reach 3. More international destinations and aggressive advertising
1. Increasing number of LCCs 2. Rising aviation fuel and labour cost 3. Unfavorable govt and aviation policies
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Alitalia Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.