SWOT Analysis of Austrian Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
We fly for your smile
Strong brand backing of Lufthansa
Business travelers / Frequent fliers
Middle and upper middle class
Customer friendly airline
1. Being a subsidiary of Lufthansa it is associated with a strong brand name
2. It owns shares in many companies and hence has a steady financial inflow 3. With a fleet size of nearly 80 it provides services to over 130 destinations all over the world 4. Strong brand presence across Europe
1. All its flights are operated by subsidiary Tyrolean Airways and this can be risky if there are any financial or operational problems faced by the subsidiary
2. Since its a subsidiary of Lufthansa, all strategic and administrative decisions cannot be taken by Austrian Airlines 3. Restricting the company may result in increase in fares
1. Leverage association with Brand Lufthansa as financial support has been approved by Lufthansa for restructuring 2. Expand services to South American and Australian markets 3.More brand awareness through advertising and increasing destinations
1. Strong competition in the saturated European market 2. Increasing cost of aviation fuel 3.Government regulations and taxes may affect financials to a large extent
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Austrian Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.