SWOT Analysis of Japan Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Japan Airlines Co Ltd (JAL)
One of the top largest airline in world and official sponsor of Japan's national football team
Leisure travelers / cost conscious travelers
Upper middle class / middle class
Value for money
1. Japan Airlines is seeking an IPO listing becoming one of the biggest companies globally
2. Provides services to 220 destinations in 35 countries world wide and hence has a strong global presence 3. The airline and four of its subsidiaries cater to different customer segments from Leisure to cost conscious travelers 4. Carried over 50 million passengers annually
1. After filing for bankruptcy it had to cut its employee strength by one third of its total employees 2. Brand awareness and lesser than major global airlines 3. It has a complex business structure making it a bit difficult to quickly adapt to changes
1. Growing airline passenger traffic in Asia-Pacific
2. Partnership with AEON 3. Increase service to more international destinations via codesharing agreements
1. Recent Tsunami in Japan decreased the number air travels going in Japan drastically 2. Rising fuel cost and labor cost 3.Political tenses between Japan and China are making it difficult for Japan Airlines to fly over the East China sea
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Japan Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.