SWOT Analysis of LAN Airways with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
LATAM Airlines group
The charm of flying
One of the oldest airline in operation today
Business men / Leisure travelers
Upper middle class
1. With a fleet size of150+ it serves 30+ international destinations 2. It has a unique cargo-passenger integration with cargo making up of nearly one-third of its revenue 3. It operates as a no frills airline in the domestic Chilean market and hence its demand is drastically increasing over the years
4. It has a unique association with JetBlue wherein customers can buy only one ticket and enjoy travelling on JetBlue and LAN to number of destinations
1. It has a very well established Cargo service but it is underutilized in the domestic market 2. Though the airline is a big player in Latin American market, it has a weak presence in Asia
1. Leverage acquisition of AIRES, the second largest carrier of Colombia 2. Additional revenue from increasing international cargo traffic 3. It has 100+ subsidiaries and revenue from each of them can be used to further expand business in Asian market
1. The airline is dealing with cargo-price fixing investigations 2. Intense competition specially form LCCs 3. Rising aviation fuel prices
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LAN Airways. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.