Scandinavian Airlines SAS SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Airlines, Total Reads: 6012
SWOT Analysis of Scandinavian Airlines SAS with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Scandinavian Airlines SAS
Service and Simplicity
One of the Largest airline of Scandinavia
Upper middle class
World's most punctual airline
1. Market leader in the domestic market 2. SAS is Europe’s must punctual airline and provides reliable and flexible air travel
3. Has accommodated the fall in passenger demand by increasing capacity and intercontinental travel 4. It has strong links and networks through: the Star Alliance; bilateral relationships with other airlines, like Lufthansa; strong complementary and governmental linkup with airports like CPH. 5. Operates to over 90 destinations with a fleet size of over 180
1. Less presence on social media sites and missing marketing advantages
2. Its operations are more focused towards domestic market thus increasing demand for leisure destinations is being not fully capitalized 3. There is no consistent growth in international market share
1. Find ways to utilize the SAS football sponsorship in the SAS Legaen. Currently SAS is only present by naming the league.
2. There are many ways to foster links and networks with other constituents within, and outside, the airline industry, whereby SAS sustainable competitive advantage can be improved
3. To lower the operating costs it might be necessary to follow Norwegian’s example of just employing one type of aircraft 4. To lower the dependency on business travelers it might be strategically important to attract other customer segments
1. Frequent bad press release may affect customers perception about the brand 2. The Danish market is small and hence growth is slow, also increasing presence of foreign players in the domestic market may threaten SAS's market share
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Scandinavian Airlines SAS. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.