SWOT Analysis of Maruti Ertiga with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Maruti Udyog Limited MUL
“A Feeling called LUV” – Life Utility Vehicle
Large size, comfortable family car that handles like a hatchback
Growing urban middle class
Price-sensitive families with 2 or more children
An MUV which offers lots of seating space without compromising on price
1. Hard to beat value for money for a 7-seater MUV. 2. Interior design picks up best features from the Maruti Swift and the new Maruti Dzire to create an overall premium feel. 3. High on practicality, for example - individual air vents for each back seat instead of at the center, legroom in rear seats can be adjusted.
4. Handling is smooth, like a car and is a breeze to drive.
5. Maruti has a strong after-sales service and extensive dealer network.
6.Strong parent brand means good advertising and branding
1. Several features missing even in top model which are present similar offerings by competitors. 2. Limited geographically as compared to global automobile brands in this segment
1. Early mover in a relatively nascent MUV sector 2. Only MUV apart from the Toyota Innova to have a petrol variant. Strong 3. Increasing number of middle class families in India with higher purchasing powers.
1. Almost all manufacturers have MUV of their own in the pipeline which can undercut Ertiga on price or may offer better features. 2. Saturated market for automobiles with dozens of models for all types of customers.
3. Higher fuel costs and fluctuating economic conditions
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.