SWOT Analysis of BMW i8 with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Hybrid, Sports car coupe
Performance of a sports car with a fuel economy of a compact car
Luxury sports coupe for elite class
Young, rich businessmen and high ranking corporate professionals with a sense of thrill.
Hybrid, environment-friendly car that has much lower running costs than its competitors
1. Part of BMW’s i series that is being marketed as a brand with stellar performance but low running costs. 2. Runs entirely on battery for day to day use, engine kicks in only when high performance is demanded. 3. Extensive design and styling makes it among one of the most attractive looking cars. 4. Packed with next-gen technologies and takes driver interaction to the next level.
5. Strong presence of parent company
6. Excellent marketing and advertising through TVCs online OOH etc
1. Extreme high cost makes this among the most expensive cars means limited target audience 2. Small distribution channel and expensive spares.
1. Government crackdown to make cars much more fuel-efficient. 2. Environment consciousness is growing among upper class. 3. Early mover advantage.
4. Increasing market opportunity especially in the growing economies
1. Prohibitively high costs may not see too many sales. 2. Lack of power outlets in many countries to recharge from anywhere except home. 3. Steep price could easily let another competitor come out with an undercutting offering
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to BMW i8. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.