Sumitomo Electric SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Automobiles, Total Reads: 553
SWOT Analysis of Sumitomo Electric with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
Automobile Parts, Electronics
Cutting edge products with a high focus on quality
Automobile assembly parts
Automobile manufacturers looking to outsource high quality auto parts.
Supplier of finely engineered automobile parts
1. Impressive global presence with 350 subsidiaries in 30 countries 2. Stable and highly diversified since it serves many business areas apart from automobiles – Electronics, Information & Communications, Environment and Industrial materials. 3. Second-largest market share in the world for automotive wiring harness business. 4. Separate, aggressive R&D division with an intensive focus on new products.
5. Strong brand reputation and reliability leading to several project awards from governments and business customers
6. Company has 60+ years of expertise in the automotive supplies industry.
7. The company has over 200,000 employees in the workforce
1. Raw material and labor cost high in Japan, where its manufacturing division is located. 2. Negligible promotional campaigns and alleged price-fixing scandal has done some damage to brand image.
1. Weaker Yen in led to a surge in profits and the trend can be expected to continue 2. Recent Business acquisitions in Brazil and Germany are expected to contribute substantially to revenues. 3. Increase in Automobile production in USA and Asia ensuring increase in demand for auto parts.
4. Process of offloading manufacturing to Thailand to take advantage of cheaper labor.
1. Unpredictable fluctuations in the Yen could hurt profits in the long run 2. Stiff competition among auto parts suppliers to grab contracts 3. Japan trade relations not cordial with a lot of countries, impacting smooth export of auto products.
1. Delphi Automotive Systems LLC 2. Fujikura Ltd. 3. Valeo
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.