SWOT Analysis of MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory)
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory)
Tyres with muscle; Choice of Champions; India’s No.1 Tyre Manufacturer
Product superiority, innovation an strength
Automobile industry, manufacturing industry,
Heavy duty trucks/buses, small cars, luxury cars, SUVs and conveyor belts for manufacturing facilities.
India’s no.1 tyre making company with comprehensive tyre portfolio
1. Company has remained in no.1 position in tyre industry and was the first to reach annual turnover ofRs.5000Crore in India 2. Theyhave 6 manufacturing facilities in India (all in south) in proximity of rubber belt of India, with sales network divided in 4 zones; east(14), west (23), south(33) and north(27 dealers)- very strong and developed distribution network. 3. Good export market with company exporting tyres and conveyor belts to 65 countries 4. Complete product portfolio with tyres for all types of vehicles-heavy duty vehicles, SUVs, small & luxury cars, two & three wheelers, conveyor belts, paints & coats and pretreads.
5. It enjoys strong brand equity and loyalty of customers.
6. Company is willing to take innovative measures to suit different terrains of India.
7. Strong financial position
8. Diversified into Funskool, MRF Pace Foundation, MRF Racing 9. Advertising as India eco-friendly car tyre making company.
1. Volatility in industrial relations. Ex: the labour unrest 2. Intense competition due to presence of other global brands
1. Emerging markets and growth of automobile industry 2. More tie-ups with Automobile companies as it’s mainly into B2B market. 3.Horizontal and concentric Diversification.
1.Price wars 2. Stiff competition from national and international brands 3. Cheaper technologies
4. Volatility in prices and availability of raw material as india’s rubber production is less than its demand.
5. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
6. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to MRF (Madras Rubber Factory). The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.