SWOT Analysis of Goodyear with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Tyre and Rubber Industry
On the Wings of Goodyear; We discover, you explore; More driven; Get There
An international brand of high repute with competitive edge fueled by innovation and superior product quality.
Racing cars, heavy duty vehicles, passenger cars, bikes, industrial equipment-like forklifts, bulldozers, cranes etc.
Excellent product quality maintained over decades with continual improvement.
1. With the turnover of over $22 billion they are one of the world’s leading tyre makers with no.1 position in North America & Latin America and second position in Europe. 2. It has a Global Footprint with operations at 54 sites spread over 22 countries. 3. Innovation centers at Ohio and Luxemberg provide them with competitive edge in technology. 4. Excellent management team with over 70,000 employees globally
5. Company has established strong brand identity and customer loyalty.
6. Most successful tire supplier in Formula 1.
1. Penetration level in Asian emerging economies is less 2. Intense competition in the tyre industry makes market share constant 3. Studies reveal it company produces high amount of airpollution
1. Emerging markets needs to be capitalized on. 2. Tie-ups with Automobile manufacturing giants may go a long way. 3.Innovative and catchy advertising campaigns
1. Volatility in raw material prices. 2. Low priced substitutes 3. Stiff competition both from national and international companies.
4. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
5. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.