SWOT Analysis of Michelin with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
A better way forward
To contribute to the long term progress in the field of mobility
Automobile industry, Specialty equipments
2-wheeler, passenger, luxury, SUVs. LT, HT, trucks. Bus and specialty equipment manufacturing companies
Safety, reliability, strength, durability, technologically superior and innovation
1. One of the largest manufacturers of tyres with manufacturing facility in 18 countries and being sold in over 170 countries across the world. 2. Excellent brand equity with high market share 3. They have global presence with over 110,000 employees 4. Strong and competent R&D with spirit of innovation
5. They have strong financial position.
6. They have diversified portfolio with products in almost all the segments.
7. They offer ‘Maps and Guides’ and have an excellent service ‘Via Michelin’ that helps in planning a trip along with their 24/7 online shopping.
1. Stiff competition from existing tyre brands 2. Not entered the emerging economies in a big way 3. Over leveraged financial position
1. Emerging economies as huge potential markets 2. Building awareness about their other services 3. Scope for improvement in logistics and distribution system
1. Volatility in raw material prices. 2. Increasing prices of Crude Oil. 3. Stiff competition both from national and international companies.
4. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
5. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
6. Fluctuations in exchange rates 7. Cheaper Imports from China
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Michelin. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.