SWOT Analysis of Hankook with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Hi-technology and continuous innovation with global operations to fulfill varied demands of customer’s world over.
Passenger car, winter, truck, and bus tires, automobile and equipment using micro-HEV batteries and batteries for renewable energy storage; industrial-use brakes; and steel belt cutters, bead winners, tire builders and curing press for tire manufacturing industries.
Leading Global Tire Company, Excellent quality, customer-oriented approach
1. Company was Korea’s first tire manufacturing company and has been the largest manufacturer of tire since its inception in 1941 2. They have global reach with its tires being sold in more than 180 countries of the world 3. They are a rapidly growing company with increasing annual growth 4. Company is known for its excellent technology and believes in continuous innovation through its 5 R & D centers
5. They have 5 plants at present in three countries and have capacity projects in China and Indonesia
6. Company has healthy financial position.
7. Wide range of portfolio helps company satisfy varied demands of the customers all over the world.
1. They have less visibility in emerging economy like India, Brazil 2. Lack of diversification
1.They have growth opportunity in emerging economies like India, China, Brazil etc. 2. Opportunity to diversify more strategically to mitigate the risk of putting all the eggs in one basket
3. Opportunity to improve its market share in motorbike category
4. Communicating their eco-friendly approach and improving visibility in market
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. European economy is not growing and has reached a maturity phase but it has its max sales in European 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.