SWOT Analysis of Dunlop with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
Drive with confidence; The Arrival is as important as the Journey; Drivers know; Driving to the Future; For smooth, comfortable ride
Strong brand equity and brand presence
Motorsport, Vintage, SUVs, Heavy vehicles
High quality brand over decades, internationally acclaimed and used
1. Started in 1888 they are the pioneer of pneumatic tyres, they have tremendous brand equity. 2. Company has pioneered many technologies for ensuring comfortable experience on tough and varied terrains worldwide 3. It has good visibility in motorsports and vintage car category with every year over 300,000 tyres being produced and sold 4. Dunlop has developed strategic partnerships with other tire majors for selling their brand tires in different countries thus taking a step to cover vast geographical area at minimum logistic constraints.
5. Along with tires they have also service centers providing other car systems maintenance and repairs
1.Doesn’t have good visibility and market in 2 wheeler segment. 2.Since brands are being held by different Companies in different regions it might lead to brand dilution it may lose its significance
1. Opportunity to encash on the Automobile boom in developing countries like India and Brazil 2. Innovation and cost-cutting measures may bring them more revenues in this highly competitive industry
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands
2 Volatility in raw material prices 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
5. Rising prices of crude oil may have an adverse effect on the industry
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.