SWOT Analysis of Mazda with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Sports, Hatchbacks, Sedan.
Only Manufacturer which produces cars with Wankel engine
For the young people seeking sporty cars
Urban Youth from the upper middle class
Youth centered sporty cars
1. Currently sole manufacturer to produce cars with Wankel engines 2. Ability to survive the protectionist policies of the US govt. in the late 70s & 80s where Japanese cars were overly taxed 3. Its ability to produce cars iconic cars like the RX-7, Rx-8 & Mazdaspeed, the crossover CX-5,Miata MX-5 and so on 4. It has been successful across the globe
5. One of Japan’s top five largest car producer
6. Mazda cars are fuel efficient & have adequate power as well
7. Ability to comply to strictest emission norms like the Euro stage 5
1.Hasn't established itself as a major global player 2.Lack of sufficient branding & marketing exercise, i.e. the growth has not been because of marketing but in spite of poor marketing 3.Brand perception not as strong as competitors
1. The growing acceptance of the SKYACTIV technologies will be a great opportunity that Mazda can tap, as these technologies can give efficiency equal to that of a hybrid drivetrain 2.It can further strengthen its brand through activities like race weekends 3.The Bio-Car that is being developed, has potential to change the definition of an environmentally friendly car as it would be completely made of mostly biologically produced materials
1.Failure of people to accept the Wankel engine in newer markets due lack of manpower trained to service them, as the hybrid failed in the Indian markets 2.Protectionist policies of the governments of countries where they are not currently present 3.Rising fuel prices are hampering automobile sales
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mazda. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.