SWOT Analysis of Sumitomo Tires with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Second largest tire producing Japanese origin company; high brand equity and superlative performance.
Performance tires; light truck tires; Medium truck tires
OEMS, automobile maintenance and repair;
Quality, service, lead edge technology; premium brand
1. One of the largest tire manufacturing companies in the world 2. Thrives on innovative design, precision engineering and superior quality. 3. High brand equity as premium tire brand 4. Owns Falkan brand which concentrates on motorsports category in all terrains
1. Still to have significant market share in developing countries 2. Company has less presence in OEMs.
1. Company needs to concentrate even in OEM apart from the Replacement market which at present is company’s major revenue earner. 2. They have growth opportunity in emerging economies like India, china, brazil etc. 3. Their successful branding as the most Eco-friendly tire company may take them a long way. 4. Opportunity to diversify more strategically to mitigate the risk of putting all the eggs in one basket and advertising that also.
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. Japanese and US economies are not growing much and have reached a maturity phase-as it has its major operations there 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels. 5. Volatility of raw material prices
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.