SWOT Analysis of Cooper Tires with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
Let other people make tires just for cars we make tires for people.
Creating superior value for our customers, employees, partners and shareholders.
Light Car tire replacement segment in US and OEMs in China
Superior quality tires; safety; socially responsible
1. Cooper Tires has excellent brand equity. 2. Cooper employees nearly 13,000 people around the world and have a strong revenue 3. Cooper tires have a global presence being the tenth largest tire manufacturer in the world. 4. Company is into business of manufacturing, sales and distribution of light vehicle replacement tires in US; it has 13% market share in US.
5. Company is in top 8 truck manufacturing tires in China.
1. They are primarily into the replacement market business in US but have less business with OEMs. 2. Minimal presence in Brazil, India and South Africa-the three upcoming economies of the world and India becoming Automobile hub.
1. They have growth opportunity in emerging economies like India, china, brazil etc. 2. Their successful branding as the most Eco-friendly tire company may take them a long way. 3. Opportunity to diversify more strategically to mitigate the risk of putting all the eggs in one basket and advertising that also.
4. Company needs to market its recycle technology along-with various other green initiatives taken by them towards making contribution to society.
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. US economies are not growing much and have reached a maturity phase. 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels. 5. Volatility of raw material prices
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.