SWOT Analysis of Caterham Cars with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Specialist in Light weight thus high power to weight ratio
For racing enthusiasts
For racing enthusiasts who also like to tinker with their vehicles
Vehicle which engages the driver & is light weight
1. They have been able to stay with the original positioning over the years 2. Track as well as well suited for street use 3. Classic design with futuristic technology 4. Pure track based vehicles like the SP/300R
5. High performance car which is also a performer in racing events
1. Due to low cost & low power (though low weight means high power to weight ratio) it has failed to attract the affluent who more engaged in track days 2. Its practice of selling vehicles in kit form does not appeal to all the group of people buying sports car 3. Brand is limited to smaller geography and isn't popular as a conventional car
1. Its new range of vehicles which it plans to launch like the SP/300R will attract new group of people which refrained from a Caterham since they had to build it 2. Emerging markets like India where race tracks & other similar infrastructure is on rise are geographical opportunities 3. They can further leverage the success of Lotus GP F1 team to enhance their brand
1. Increasing fuel prices 2. Macro-economic factors which are making people averse to spending esp. discretionary spend
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Caterham Cars. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.