Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 619
SWOT Analysis of HBOS with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Lloyds Banking Group
Finance and Insurance
Banking and Financial Services
UK’s largest mortgage lender
Retail (personal) segment, corporate segment
Targets those customers who want either complex, full-service financial advice or a basic product with no advice
As a fifth force in British Banking to the established Big Four UK retail banks
1. UK’s largest provider of mortgages 2. Huge retail customers base over 20 million 3. As a group it employs about 70,000 people worldwide (resource advantage) 4. One of the top provider of investment products in UK
1. Due to economic downturn, shortage of credit between the banks and increased mortgage defaults, HBOS was taken over by Lloyds Bank 2. Lost 80 percent market value due to speculation and rumors of short selling in 2008 3. Systemic mortgage fraud throughout HBOS before the takeover
1. Takeover by Lloyds TSB offered financial security 2. More stable footing 3. It can target retail savings accounts as the public is still reluctant to move their cash around
1. Economic downturn: Recession 2. Less disposable income with increase in unemployment 3. Credit crunch syndrome
1. Barclays 2. HSBC 3. The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to HBOS. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.