Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 3182
SWOT Analysis of Absa Group with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Barclays Africa Group
Banking and financials
Today, tomorrow, together
A one-stop bank with dedicated services in South Africa especially
Retail, business, corporate and investment banking and wealth management products and services
Range of services primarily in South Africa and Nambia
One Stop Bank in Africa
1. Have received many awards like being rated as no. 1 banking brand in SA and as the coolest banking brand in SA for consecutive years 2. The bank recorded an increase in profit showing its strong financial position 3.The appointment of Maria Ramos as the Group Chief Executive. She is South Africa’s most successful and highly regarded businesswomen 4. The Group’s key focus within Corporate Social Investment (CSI) to improve lives of unprivileged South Africans.
5. Offers banking services to all kinds of customers in South Africa
1. It is regarded as the most expensive bank in South Africa by the people there 2. With the increase in Barclays’ stake in Absa Group, the individuality of the bank is decreasing. 3.Headline earning was decreased for personal loans and retail bank which was a concern
1. The merger of Absa Bank with Barclays African Operations last year 2.Their shared goal of becoming the “go-to” bank in Africa
3. Expand to European and Asian markets
1. Increasing competitor activity can cause brand to lose market share 2.The different working conditions and environment of Barclay Group and Absa Group needs to be taken care of
3. Different regulations for international banks can cause operational inefficiency
1.Standard Bank Group 2.FirstRand Bank Group 3.Nedbank
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Absa Group. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.