Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 408
SWOT Analysis of Gen Re with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Banking and Financial Services
The Difference is…the Quality of the Promise
Offers tailor made solutions to every type of business
Reinsurance, Corporate Solutions
Mid to large size companies, Insurance companies
Puts the customer at the center of everything and makes things easier, simpler and better
1. It has $14 billion in capital and $6 billion in premium
2. It has the top credit rating (AA+) by S&P and Moody’s
3. It has about 40 offices and 1900 employees worldwide
4. The company has an experience of over 150 years
5. Diversification helps it to reduce risk with business spread across life, non-life reinsurance.
1. Significant exposure to vulnerable asset classes constitutes substantial part of the group’s total portfolio 2. It had a problem of bad derivatives.
1. The capital strength of the company poses opportunities for expanding business through both inorganic and organic means. 2. The global reinsurance market is on the path of recovery and poses a great opportunity for the company. 3. There are great opportunities in the insurance linked markets that the company can leverage on.
1. The increase in the consolidation in the reinsurance industry can increase the strength of competition and poses as a threat. 2. Increase in the incidence of catastrophic events and natural disasters poses a threat to the insurance industry. 3. There is likely to be increase in competition for capital due to Solvency II adoption.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.