Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 710
SWOT Analysis of Torchmark with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
For "middle income" Americans
Specializing in life and supplemental health insurance
Life insurance, health insurance, investment, other, and annuity
Middle income households
Marketed through multiple distribution channels including direct response, and exclusive and independent agencies.
1. Focus on middle markets through niche subsidiaries 2. Continued strong performance at life insurance segment 3. Efficient underwriting and prudent product focus generating higher underwriting margins 4. Torchmark markets its products under the names of each subsidiary, rather than the Torchmark name, to take advantage of brand recognition
1. Sizable exposure to below investment grade bonds and adverse credit migration 2. Declining health insurance margin is a concern
1. Turnaround in US life insurance and pension market 2. Expanding healthcare business 3. Positive trends in the US healthcare sector would help Torchmark market its products effectively and fuel its revenue growth
1. Competitive pressures likely to intensify pressure on margins 2. Regulatory changes could affect financial strength and performance 3. Increased incidence of natural disasters testing claims paying capability
1. Citigroup Inc. 2. Lincoln National Corporation 3. Pacific Mutual Holding Company
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.