Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 954
SWOT Analysis of Synovus Financial Corp with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Synovus Financial Corp
Synovus Financial Corp
Banking and Financial Services
Synovus is people serving people with a real focus on local needs being met by local people
The company’s online banking channel
Individuals, corporations and institutions looking for financial services
Retail banking sector & Wealth Management
A financial services company, engaged in providing integrated financial services including commercial and retail banking, financial management, insurance and mortgage services
1. Synovus is a diversified financial services holding company with strong assets.
2. Second largest bank holding company headquartered in Georgia, based on assets
3. Synovus is one of the largest financial institutions in the Southeast (US), providing commercial and retail banking to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.
4. Synovus Family Asset Management Named To Bloomberg List of “Top 50 Family Offices”
5. Strong capital position cushioning from adverse market conditions. The company’s Tier 1 risk-based capital ratio was very competitive
6. Competitive cost structure leading to operational efficiency
1. Declining average assets contributing to declining Net Interest Income
2. Inability to manage credit charges affecting profitability, the company’s management of its credit charges (provision for loan losses, losses on foreclosed real estate, and other credit costs) shows an inability to bring them down.
1. Enhancements of large corporate banking offering- To build relationships with larger commercial customers across Synovus’ five-state footprint and connect more commercial customers with Synovus’ full suite of specialized commercial banking products and services, including private banking, treasury management, asset-based lending, insurance, and wealth management.
2. Growing banking sector in the US
3. Opportunities can be tapped abroad with international tieups
1. Weak economic growth prospects of the US economy- According to International Monetary Fund (IMF) World Economic Outlook 2. Regulatory changes could increase compliance spending- As a result of the Financial Reform Act, several significant regulatory developments occurred, and additional regulatory developments may occur. 3. Phishing attacks- Phishing is a form of Internet piracy. Synovus offers online banking services to its clients. The company’s online banking channel, which provides better margins to the company, could be affected by phishing attacks.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.