Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 1049
SWOT Analysis of EFG Eurobank Ergasias with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
EFG Eurobank Ergasias
EFG Eurobank Ergasias
Banking and Financial Services
“Throw away nothing”
Greece's number one provider of retail banking, consumer loans and credit cards, small business lending, SME lending and mutual fund management.
Individuals, corporations and institutions looking for financial services
Retail banking sector & Wealth Management
A bank offering a wide range of financial services for all customers, from individuals and small businesses, to corporations
1. The enlarged Eurobank Group is a European banking organization with huge assets
2. More than 20,000 employees and a network of more than 1,100 branches.
3. The new Eurobank Group has a strategic position in the Greek banking system, while at the same time it holds a systemic role in Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia
4. EFG Eurobank group’s revenues are well diversified by business lines and product lines such as Retail Business, Corporate Banking & Wealth Management.
5. Increased scale and improved competitive position with the acquisition of two “good” banks, New Hellenic Postbank and New Proton Bank
6. The group’s capital position has been strengthening over the years.
7. The Eurobank Group participates in a series of international and domestic initiatives, which aim at promoting and enhancing corporate responsibility such as UNEP Finance initiative, FTSE4Good etc.
1. The group’s non-performing loans have been increasing over the years.
2. The bank has sustained serious cumulative losses owing to the Greek sovereign debt crisis, which led to successive downgrades of its ratings
1. The European retail lending market generated has witnessed a growth over the years to come.
2. Structural reforms likely to restore competitiveness in Greek economy and specially banking system
3. International expansion likely to increase to diversity of revenue sources
1. Greek economic prospects are expected to remain weak
2. Greece is being forced to adhere to the agreements (on austerity measures) with its international creditors namely the European Commission (EC), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and the European Central Bank (ECB) (popularly referred to as Troika) to remain in euro.
3. Exit from the euro could lead to tough consequences
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EFG Eurobank Ergasias. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.