Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 783
SWOT Analysis of Bank of Beijing with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Bank of Beijing
Bank of Beijing Co., Ltd.
Banking and Financial Services
Grasp opportunities, prevent risk, promote management and create performance
Segmentation is done on the basis of type of user: personal and corporate user
Targets both the types of users
Provides all the services required for the personal and corporate segments
1. On the latest World Top 1000 Banks list issued by “The Banker”, Bank of Beijing ranks No.145 in terms of tier1 capital.
2. Has a good brand image in the public because of its outstanding performance and excellent products and services.
3. The bank’s CAR is within the limits specified by the government ensuring stable growth
4.After analyzing the changing trends, the Bank actively carried out its strategic transformation in retail, fee business and SME
5. Being a state owned enterprise, strong backing by the govt
1. Lack of presence in the international market as it has very few branches internationally.
2. A lot of corporate users are migrating to the competitors as they provide better value added services as there is a lot of govt intervention in processes
1. The bank can increase the client base with the launch of “Business Start-up card”.
2. To meet the customer needs for consumption loan, Bank of Beijing issued a “Ji shi dai” (timely loan) product on the site, which is customized for the existing high-quality housing mortgage customers. 3. Could increase the customer base with the launch of Private bank card as it offers unique service in technology finance, culture finance and green finance.
4. Launched a new brand which takes into account the needs in the citizens’ financial life
1. As the regulatory norms are eased in China, it may face a stiff competition as new banks might enter the market.
2. As new firms which offer online financial services are coming up, they may pose a threat.
3. Owing to the lack of international presence, the competitors might take advantage of this situation and explore the untapped market
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.