Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 1297
SWOT Analysis of M&T Bank with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
M&T Bank Corporation
Banking and Financial Services
Understanding what's important
In addition to providing banking services, it focuses on ways to make a difference for the environment
Segments the market based on type: Personal banking and commercial banking
Targets the commercial banking segment
One of the companies in the S&P 500 stock index
1. Net income and earnings per share are increasing due to consistent financial performance
2. M&T Bank Corporation is one of the 20 largest independent bank holding companies in the US, with a wide prevalence in the domestic market with the presence of over 750 branches.
3. M&T's product portfolio includes a wide variety of financial products and services. The portfolio of services includes retail banking, commercial banking, and mortgage banking. 4. In addition to this it also provides real estate loans, insurance and mutual funds to name a few.
5. Company’s strengthening capital position provides sustainance against market volatility
6. The company has over 15000 people in its workforce and has gained strength from significant acquisitions
1. M&T’s earning assets as a percentage of total assets have been declining which is a concern
2. As they own almost a lot of their buildings instead of taking them on lease, they increase the net accumulated depreciation in their books.
3. There are various legal cases pending against the M&T and its subsidiaries which might adversely affect the brand value.
1. M&T acquired the venerable Wilmington Trust Corporation and giving it the leading market share in Delaware. This trust can be effectively managed by providing services to financially sound individuals.
2. Owing to its large presence in the Southeastern and Midwest regions of the US, it has a decent prospect to consolidate its position in the region.
3. Robust Canadian economy and M&T’s long ties with the Canadian companies operating in the US would add advantage to improve its base in Canada.
1. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) insurance premiums have increased significantly since the start of the financial crisis and it has decreased the margins of M&T Bank.
2. As a result of the Dodd-F rank Act, the capital standards have evolved in the banking industry and it could limit the group’s activities.
3. As a lender, it is exposed to credit risk as deteriorating credit quality would adversely affect it.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to M&T Bank. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.