Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 2511
SWOT Analysis of RHB Bank with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Banking and Financial Services
One of the largest fully integrated financial services group in Malaysia
Segmentation is based on the type of customer: personal segment, business segment and the wealth management segment.
Targets the SME segment
Financial services and solutions for the people of Malaysia
1. The acquisition of OSK Investment Bank has further strengthened the RHB Banking Group’s ASEAN footprint
2. The Group is now present in eight countries including Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Hong Kong (with a representative office in China), Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam which increases its customer base
3. Acquisition of OSK Investment Bank Berhad (OSKIB) allowed the
Group to leverage the comparative strengths of both OSKIB and the RHB Banking Group to deliver more value to customers
4, Over 17000 people are a part of the bank providing customers across SE Asia banking solutions
5. Its services include retail banking, corporate banking, Islmaic banking
1. Earnings fell on realised net loss on revaluation of financial investments available-for-sale (AFS)
2. Lack of advertisement and promotions in comparison to other major banks such as HSBC and it has less activities when compared to competitors
3. RHB not performing strongly in the online banking field especially in user friendliness of their applications.
1. Expand its access to the remaining ASEAN markets where it is not present
2. Expand the domestic presence by acquiring PT Bank Mestika in Indonesia
3. The Group has also firmly embraced the ‘digital world’ and needs to intensify its efforts to drive our presence in social networking sites
1. The Malaysian Retail Banking sector faced challenges in 2012 such as the implementation of prudent lending practices
2. Owing to the competition among the Malaysian banks, the strategies and policies taken by other competitors should be monitored and studied closely and carefully and fast and effective actions should be considered. 3. This economic crisis all over the world have affected every financial institute all over the world and RHB is not an exception, therefore appropriate steps must be taken to minimize the losses.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.