Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 705
SWOT Analysis of Banco Pastor with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Banco Popular Pastor
Banking and Financial Services
One of the oldest banking organisations in Spain
Personal Banking, Commercial banking and Financial services
Individuals and Commercial banking
It operates through a network of bank branches offices for lending transactions, fund-raising, acceptance of off-balance sheet risks and the supply of financial services of all kinds
1. Banco Popular, which has now taken over Banco Pastor has a sustainable, commercial banking business model through its extensive branch network of 2,200+ branch offices
2. It recorded the best efficiency ratio in the European financial industry. The cost to income ratio, which measures the operating efficiency of the group thereby enabling the group to maintain the best cost/income ratio of the sector in both Spain and Europe
3. It has a strong capital and liquidity position cushioning against adverse market developments and this liquidity position is increasing over the past few years
4. Over 4000 people are employed with the bank
1. The company's provision for credit losses as this increase in the provisions is basically to absorb the estimated losses inherent in the loan portfolio
2. The nonperforming assets have been increasing over the past few years. The increase in non-performing assets is due to higher unemployment rate, the values of residential and commercial real estate continued to decline, and an increasing number of borrowers faced difficulty meeting their debt obligations
3. Over dependence on Spanish markets increases business risk
1. The global asset management & custody banks sector is forecast to increase. The main factor driving this growth is the need for private individuals to make provision for their pension requirements. So it can look for opportunities in the pension segment as well
2. The retirement market presents a key growth opportunity for financial service institutions as population ages in many countries and government support of pension plans weakens Insurance firms and banks are well positioned to benefit and are investing heavily to pursue this segment more vigorously
3. Acquisitions and alliances could help it to increase its market share and earnings
1. It faces strong competition in all of its business segments from providers of similar products and services which is likely to affect profitability and market share
2. Spain's economic recovery seems weak. Such weak economic prospects in Spain and other European countries could affect the business volume
3. Credit cooperatives, which are active principally in rural areas, where they provide savings bank and loan services and related services such as the financing of agricultural machinery and supplies, are also a source of competition.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Banco Pastor. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.