Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 819
SWOT Analysis of Associated Banc-Corp with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Banking and Financial Services
One of the few regional banks in US providing specialised financial services
Banking and wealth management
Individuals and business enterprises
Provide best wealth management services to its clients
1. ASBC is one of the top 50 financial services holding companies operating in the US. It has strong footprint in Midwest region and it has more than 270 branches
2. Its strong capital position cushioning against adverse market developments
3. Improving asset quality providing scope for expansion in revenue and profit as it has witnessed significant improvement in its performance after tumbling down
4. Over 4500 employees are a part of the organisation
1. The company’s lending portfolio shows significant risk of concentration. ASBC’s loan portfolio consisted of commercial and industrial, real estate construction, commercial real estate loans, and lease financing and these investments are considered to carry certain risk
2. Limited geographical spread preventing growth as it operates in the US and has no international presence
3. Inability of ASBC to contain its operating expenses are impacting margins
1. The global asset management and custody banks sector is growing at a rapid pace.
2. The US banking industry which suffered in the wake of the financial crisis seems to have recovered and this provides better opportunities to the banks
3. It can expand in other developing countries to cater to the needs of a large segment of users
1. The US government framed the Dodd-Frank Act, significantly restructuring financial regulation in the US. These severe changes in regulations by US Federal government may affect operations and increase costs
2. Since the start of the global financial crisis, banking industry in the US has been undergoing a series of consolidations which could impact the margins
3. ASBC is exposed to uncertainty in the US market due to the concentration of its banking business in that region. As a result of this it has a lot of risks
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Associated Banc-Corp. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.