City National Bank SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 1276
SWOT Analysis of City National Bank with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
City National Bank
City National Corporation
Banking and Financial Services
The way up
One of the most prominent banks in California, US
Commercial banking, private banking and wealth management
Commercial and private banking
Providing a wide variety of banking services to its clients
1. It operates by approx 80 offices, including 16 full service regional centers, in California, the San Francisco, Nevada, New York, Nashville, Tennessee, Atlanta
2. It offers banking, trust and investment services and such robust presence and brand equity provides competitive advantage
3. Simultaneous revenue expansion and expense management have led to an increase in net income and profitability for the bank
4. The bank has regularly made strategic acquisitions making it one of the most priminent financial institution in the region
1. Lack of scale as compared to the other competitors in California as its competitors offer a wider array of financial products and services to a more diverse base of individuals and businesses
2. The company has not been able to control costs as indicated by its fluctuating cost to income ratio
1. CNC has been an active acquirer since its formation. CNC acquired the banking operations of Imperial Capital Bank (ICB) in a purchase and assumption agreement with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Such acquisitions help in expanding its network
2. Banking industry in the US is expected to grow at a steady pace in the future.
3. The global asset management and custody banks sector is growing at a rapid pace which also provides a set of opportunities
1. Regulatory changes implemented in US after the crisis could affect competitiveness of the bank and reduce the profit margins
2. Economic prospects in the US seem to be weakening as the year 2013 rolls on.
3 Wide-spread consolidation in the US financial services industry could affect margins for the bank
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to City National Bank. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.