Shenzhen Development Bank SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 1763
SWOT Analysis of Shenzhen Development Bank with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Shenzhen Development Bank
PingAn Bank Co., Ltd. & Shenzhen Development Bank
Banking and Financial Services
The responsible change
SME oriented and trade finance oriented” development strategy
Commercial banking and offshore banking services
Provides financial services to corporate and individual customers
It matches financial services with customers’ demand by supporting the projects to serve the SME and Supply Chain Finance
1. The first public-listed commercial bank in the People’s Republic of China
2. PAB has a network of more than 400 outlets under 28 branches, with representative offices in Beijing and Hong Kong, and has built corresponding bank relationship with more than 600 banks located at many countries and areas overseas.
3. Strengthen resource pooling into supply chain finance, retail business and other core business areas to further solidify competition advantages
4. It was the first bank in China to initiate and launch “supply chain finance” business model, which means full-range credit extension to upstream and downstream enterprises of core borrowing enterprises
5. PAB has won many distinguished honors and awards such as “Best Bank in Supply Chain Finance Service”, “Best Growing Bank”, “and Bank with Best Innovation Awareness”, “Best Bank Website of the Year”, “Bank with Best Application of Electronic Commerce of the Year” and “Bank with Best Corporate Social Responsibility”.
1.High cost and high risk in SME financial business
2. It has suffered an intensifying competition of homogenization
3. Dependent on volatile financial market to maintain profits.
1. Fast-proceeding interest rate liberalization in China is opening the avenues for more profitable business
2. Deepening financial disintermediation in Chinese domestic financial market, opening the financial market
3. China has over 50 million small and micro enterprises (SMEs) majority of which rarely had much experience of modern financial services
4. International expansion likely to bolster revenues, the bank should try to expand its presence in overseas markets
1. Slowdown in Chinese economy, China’s growth rate declined, this may impact loan and earnings quality 2. Rising deposit reserve requirement ratio to limit credit disbursement. The rise in deposit reserve requirement ratio will mean banks will have to set aside more of their deposits on reserve. This could have negative impact on business growth. 3. Increasing competition from foreign banks. For instance, the Bank of East Asia, Citibank, DBS Bank, Hang Seng Bank, HSBC, and Standard Chartered estimate that they will collectively operate over 500 branches and sub-branches
4. Rising deposit reserve requirement ratio to limit credit disbursement
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shenzhen Development Bank. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.