Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 1324
SWOT Analysis of First Direct with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Insurance
The unexpected bank
Telephone and internet based retail banking
British savers and home owners.
People with needs for banking products, loans, credit cards and insurance.
An internet based bank providing a variety of services with award winning customer service.
1. Award winning bank – has won numerous awards for customer service, current account services, call center services etc.
2. Offers a wide range of products – banking facilities, mortgages, loans, credit cards, insurance etc.
3. Very strong customer base of 1.2 million customers. 4. Supported by a large parent company with global presence.
5. Introduced apps for smart phones – both Iphone and android platform. This makes banking much easier for its customers.
6. “Internet banking plus” – an award winning service which brings together first direct and non first direct bank accounts in one place and helps view all of customers money at one go.
7. Text based alerts and services like checking balance to enhance customer convenience.
1. No face to face interaction with customers. This can limit understanding of customer concerns. It gives an impersonal feel to the process of banking 2. Only 2 call centers – one at Leeds and other at Hamilton.
3. Ended the “Free” banking service. Introduced fees on day to day current account management services.
4. Personal loan is limited to First Direct customers and account holders only.
1. Growth in cell phone and internet users is a great opportunity for first direct to leverage its strong internet based banking system. 2. Expansion into traditional banking sphere can help tap into high net worth individuals. 3. Can offer financial advisory services for high net worth individuals.
1. Economic slowdown in the US and UK economy. 2. Does not offer services like safe deposits. Also does not offer personalized services, so can miss out on high net worth clients.
1. Barclays 2. Standard Chartered 3.Lloyds Banking group
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to First Direct. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.