Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 1017
SWOT Analysis of Halifax with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Lloyds Banking Group
Banking and financial services
Financial services and insurance
Among the largest retail banks in UK.
British home owners and savers
Britons in need of banking services like bank accounts, credit cards, mortgages etc.
Retail banking arm of Lloyds Banking Group providing customers with retail banking products and insurance.
1. UK’s largest provider of residential mortgages and savings account 2. The bank is backed by a strong parent company, The Lloyds banking group.
3. Wide variety of services under one brand name – insurance, share dealing, loans, credit cards etc. 4. Different kinds of current accounts to suit the needs of different classes of people – current account, reward current account and ultimate reward current account.
5. Different kinds of ISA’s (individual savings account) to suit various categories of savers including one for children – the junior cash ISA.
6. Provides convenience of operation through online banking system.
7. Facilitates payment of money abroad through its international payment services.
1. Some of the advertisement campaigns by the Bank have had negative reaction from viewers. 2. Had a severe problem of credit crunch during the 2008 financial crisis. 3. Recently changed overdraft charges (daily fee for overdrafts) have caused resentment among customers.
1. Expansion through programs such as CashBack Extras - the cashback debit card scheme which was launched recently. 2. Expansion by targeting elderly population through wealth management schemes. 3. Expansion through acquisition of other smaller banks and insurance firms.
1. Slowdown in economy can have adverse affect on the banking business. 2. Default risk – there is a probability of customers defaulting on their loan payment causing losses to the bank 3. Tight competition in the UK financial sector especially retail banking.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.