National Savings and Investments SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 810
SWOT Analysis of National Savings and Investments with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
National Savings and Investments
UK government owned
Banking and Financial services
A government owned bank which aims to attract funds from public to fund public sector borrowing requirements.
British savers and home owners
NS&I offers a wide range of savings and investment products, specializing in tax-free and income-generating products
1. One of the largest savings organizations in UK with a customer base of over 25 million and more than £100 billion invested.
2. NS&I is ISO 14001 certified which is a strong indicator of sustainable business practices.
3. NS&I has won awards such as the most trusted cash ISA provider award in Moneywise Customer Service Awards 4. The organization has partnered with a lot of other agencies such as Atos, Siemens Business Services etc. to provide value added products and services to its clients.
5.All the savings in NS&I are 100% guaranteed by the H.M Treasury
6. The products offered by NS&I include premium bonds, inflation index linked savings certificates, Guaranteed growth bonds, children’s bonds etc.
7. Driven by values such as security, integrity, straight forwardness.
1. The interest rate offered is generally much lower than the privately owned banks. 2. It acts as a cheap source of finance for the government, which can be detrimental to the bank in long run.
1. NS&I’s introduction of online services has given the opportunity for further growth in number of savers. 2. Introduction of new products and services which are investor friendly by offering competitive interest rates can boost supply of funds.
1. Entire back office operations are outsourced to Atos, which can be a issue in the long run.
2. Economic slowdown can drain away a significant source of funds for NS&I
3.Changes in regulatory framework can have significant impact on the operations of NS&I
1. HSBC 2.Lloyds banking group 3.Standard Chartered
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.