Bidvest Bank Limited SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 874
SWOT Analysis of Bidvest Bank Limited with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Bidvest Bank Limited
Bidvest Group Limited
Banking and Financial Services
Bank which specializes in foreign exchange and retail banking
South African nationals and businessmen.
South African nationals who require banking services during travel
A bank which aims to provide good quality service to people requiring forex services.
1. The bank has a very strong network of over 100 outlets to provide its services to its customers. 2. The bank provides variety of services including vehicle loans, savings deposits etc. but their primary area of expertise continues to be foreign exchange. 3. The bank saw a profit after tax which shows a strong financial position 4. The bank invests considerable resources on employee well being which translates into better quality of service provided to customers.
5. The bank provides services such as asset backed lending for medical equipment funding and other such asset backed funding services.
6. The bank is backed by the strong brand of Bidvest Group.
7. The bank has high capitalization combined with low problematic exposure.
1. The bank can see a downgrading of ratings if its asset quality (in terms of non performing loans) sees a degradation.
2. The bank’s activities can be affected by regulatory changes such as increased liquidity requirements 3. There is a lack of long term funding sources for the bank.
1. The bank can assure customers of better quality of service by harnessing technological improvements. 2. The bank can come up with better products which target its core customers who are business people who have to travel frequently. 3. The bank can expand its operations through expansion of its branches and service outlets. It can also expand activities through M&A activities.
1. The bank is affected by depreciation of local currency in comparison to US dollar. 2. Credit risk which is the risk to the bank due to a customer or counter party failing in their obligation towards the bank 3.Liquidity risk, which is the risk that the bank may fail to meets its payment dues when they are due to the banks customers.
4. The bank is exposed to the fluctuations in foreign exchange rates as a significant portion of its business is concerned with foreign exchange.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bidvest Bank Limited. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.