Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 650
SWOT Analysis of Grindrod Bank with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Banking and Financial Services
The bank focuses primarily on commercial and industrial property, and on its private equity, investment banking and asset management operations.
South African individuals and corporate houses.
High net-worth individuals, large corporations and institutions
Grindrod Bank relies on a focused and conservative investment philosophy to ensure its business remains sustainable over the long term.
1. The bank has a strong market capitalization with stable shareholder 2. The bank is involved in a lot of CSI activities including activities aimed at sustaining the environment, promotion of education etc. This helps in increasing the goodwill of the company. 3. The bank provides various banking services such as loans, savings accounts, investment banking, mortgages, debit and credit cards etc.
4. The bank is backed by the Grindrod conglomerate which is involved in a variety of businesses like shipping, manufacturing, logistics, transportation, investments and finance.
5. The bank has entered into strategic partnership with Anchor Capital, Capitau investment partners, M&A International etc.
1. The bank is supported by just ~100 people across all its branches.
2. The bank is very small going by the number of branches held by the bank. The bank currently has just a few branches in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
3. The bank is active in a industry which is highly competitive in nature.
1. The launch of exchange traded products such as GTrax suite of ETFs in 2013 can attract valuable inflow of funds. 2. The banks move to reduce management fees on some of the funds that it manages will also lead to increased investments in these funds. These funds are about 60% cheaper than their counterparts. 3. The bank can increase its presence by expanding its operations through more branches and outlets.
1. The bank faces the risk of economy not performing as per the expectations of the bank. If the economic outlook is dull, the investments could erode in the future. 2. The bank faces the risk of market interest rates moving against it thereby creating a asset liability mismatch. 3. The bank faces the risk of counter party defaulting on their obligations to the bank.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Grindrod Bank. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.