Investec Bank Limited SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 771
SWOT Analysis of Investec Bank Limited with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Investec Bank Limited
Banking and Financial Services
Out of the ordinary
A specialist investment banking firm with operations across various countries.
Global investors and business groups.
Global investors requiring services of specialist bank involved in investment banking and asset management.
A specialist bank and asset management group
1. The bank has operations in various countries including South Africa, UK, Ireland, Australia, Switzerland, Mauritius, Hong Kong, Canada, Taiwan and the United States. 2. The investec group has been sponsoring various sporting events such as cricket(Investec Test Match), rugby (Investec Internationals Series), Horse Racing (Epsom Derby festival, UK), football (UEFA Champions Leagu)etc. 3. The bank believes in values such as moral strength, risk consciousness, and follows high ethical standards. 4. The bank has tried to keep an entrepreneurial work culture, being nimble and flexible towards changing conditions. The bank has tried to address niche segments.
5. The operating profit before Goodwill and intangibles has increased. South African business alone registered an increase in operating profit 6. The credit losses and impairments have decreased significantly
7. The group employs about 8,000+ people across all its offices.
1. The ratings provided to the bank for its financial strength is C-/D+ (Moody’s). 2. The bank can have a bad year if the economic outlook of its core areas of operations – UK, Ireland and South Africa turn out to be weak.
3. The depreciating value of local currency along with labour unrest in South Africa can impact the operations of the bank.
1. Initiatives such as “One bank” which aimed to align and integrate infrastructure and processes provide opportunity for sustained growth in the future.
2. Acquisitions of Evolution Group, NCB Group etc. provide opportunities for further growth and expansion. 3. The group can leverage on its current customer base to get further business.
1. The bank faces exchange rate risk, that is movement of foreign exchange rate in a direction which is unfavourable to the bank. 2. The bank faces risk due to fluctuations of interest rates which can create asset liability mismatch.
3. The bank faces liquidity risk, that is inability to meet its obligations towards its depositors.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.