Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 1010
SWOT Analysis of Vanquis Bank with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Provident Financial Group
Banking and Financial Services
The bank provides credit facility to UK residents with limited or uneven credit history.
British residents in need of banking facility
British nationals in need of credit facilities and credit cards.
A bank which helps people repair bad credit, who have been denied credit elsewhere.
1. The bank has won Credit Provider of the Year at the Credit Today Awards 2. The bank is headed by experienced team having very good understanding of the banking sector. 3. The bank has 2 main products – Vanquis card and the Aquis card, both of which are licensed under VISA. 4. The bank has seen tremendous growth. It crossed its breakeven point within 5 years of establishment.
5. The bank has involved itself in various charitable causes such as the Hatua, which aims to educate children in poorest parts of Kenya and provide necessary support to talented students.
1.The bank has faced criticism on credit forums such as Money Saving Expert for the high interest rates charged on their product cards and charges levied on defaulted payments. 2. The bank has also faced criticism regarding its lending policy, from its own collectors
3. Relatively new brand having limited reach compared to bigger brands
1. The bank has seen aggressive growth in the past few years. The bank opened new offices which will result in greater volume of customers. The bank has also opened a new call centre at Bradford. 2. The bank has also launched new credit card facilities including internet and SMS support. 3. The bank has received approval to issue high yield bond product from FSA.
4. The bank has received a passport banking license to operate in Poland
1. The bank faces very high default risk as it provides credit to customers who have a bad credit history, and have been rejected credit elsewhere. 2. Legislative moves or regulatory changes can affect the bank adversely. 3. The bank can face risk due to changing interest rates resulting in a mismatch between its assets and liabilities.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vanquis Bank. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.