SWOT Analysis of Hitachi with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
IT and Technology
Inspire the Next
Electronics, industrial machinery, telecommunications equipment, power plants, information systems
Electronics manufacturers, telecom companies, corporates and SMEs, households
Positioned as a brand that delivers quality innovation
1. Strong employee base of about 3,30,000 employees 2. Strong focus on R&D with research centres spread across the globe 3. Good customer interaction and interface with a dedicated YouTube channel and a magazine called Hitachi Review that reports the latest developments by the company
4. Its wide product portfolio includes electronics, consumer electronics, telecom equipment, powerplant, industrial machinery etc
5. Good marketing and brand visibility through TVCs and print ad campaigns and sponsored global events
6. Particiaption in CSR activities like donating microscopes in Indonesia
1. Poor financial performance in important markets such as the US 2. High operating cost and Relatively lesser net profit as compared to its competitors
1. Expanding global LCD screens market 2. Growing market for consumer electronics 3. Mergers and acquisitions provide opportunities for leveraging on inorganic growth
1. Intense competition in the smartphones and home appliances market 2. Appreciation of Yen 3. Natural disasters prone a great threat as Japan is very prone to earthquakes
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hitachi. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.