SWOT Analysis of LG Display with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
LG Electronics Co. Ltd
IT and Technology
Innovative products at reasonable places
Thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panels. It also manufactures organic light emitting diode (OLED) panels and flexible
Smartphone manufacturers, TV manufacturers
Positioned as a brand that uses innovation to make life simpler
1. Strong employee base of 50,000+ people 2. Strong rate of growth due to stable marketing policies 3. Strong customer base, comprising LG Electronics, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Dell, Philips Electronics, Skyworth, TPV, Sony Electronics and Acer 4. Strong global presence, throughout Asia, Europe, the US and Mexico
5. It is one of the worlds largest LCD panel maker
6. Good brand visibility and recall due to prominent name due to advertising
1. Recurring loss and financial instability is a concern 2. Loss of trust and brand image due to fine by Europe for fixing price of LCD panels 3. High employee turnover
1. Growing demand for smartphones and flat screen televisions 2. More penetration in global markets specially in emerging economies
1. Many of its current customers are opting for in-house production of screens 2. Ongoing legal proceedings and fines for fixing prices of LCD panels in the Asian market
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LG Display. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.