SWOT Analysis of Darty with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
A leading European electrical retailing group
Massive retail presence in many countries in Europe
As an easily accessible retail store that serves all your needs
1. Massive stores with all major brands and products. 2. Conveniently and easily accessible stores. Eg : in France, 70% of its consumers are within 30 mins drive 3. Has expended into other countries in Europe through acquisitions 4. Owns many regional brands under Darty group
5. Has a multi channel presence so can reach consumers through various channels
6. Its product portfolio includes white and brown goods, consumer electronics, personal computing, digital photo processing, Pre-recorded media, furniture
7. The company has approx 17000 employees in the organisation
1. Limited presence in limited countries in USA and emerging economies 2. Has weak presence in entry price end of the market.
1.Opportunities in France, it hasn’t touched the entire market in France. 2. Huge opportunity in online retails. 3. Can expand into countries other than in Europe.
4. Can easily develop into kitchen business where there is a huge scope.
1.Threats from bigger stores like Walmart 2.As consumers are shifting to e shopping, retailers are losing sales. 3. Lack of flexibility as it is a public company and has its ownership shared among general public
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.