SWOT Analysis of Woodside Petroleum with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Woodside Petroleum Ltd.
Oil & Gas Production
Australia’s Oil & Gas company
Largest independent dedicated oil and gas company
Energy and power
Corporates and automobiles
Largest oil and gas company with superior shareholders return
1. World class facility with decades of history in the industry 2. Extensive portfolio with high quality oil assets 3. Premium liquefied natural gas with large customer base 4. Strong in relation with government and ventures
5. Nearly 3000 employees are in the workforce
6. One of the largest oil and gas companies in Australia
7. Listed in the Australian Securities Exchange shows its strong financial position
1.Failure of an oil mist detector affected employee relation 2.Bad image – accused of deceptive public statements 3.Two of their projects were highly protested by public
1. Expanding into other markets - global 2.Innovative safe projects will strengthen brand 3. Upward integration into gas utilities
1.Natural disasters can cause immense losses 2.Legal notices/issues around industry 3.High competition from global players
1.Origin Energy Ltd. 2.Santos Ltd. 3.AGL Energy Ltd.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.