SWOT Analysis of Ergon Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Energy and utilities
Peace of mind, choice and control for the best possible price
Customers with electricity requirements
Business (large, small and medium), Household
Safe dependable electricity service for the best possible price
1. It is one of leading energy retailer and distributors in Australia with a strong asset base and over 700,000 customers. 2. It has generated customer value through solutions such as e-billing and online self service portal. 3. It has high customer satisfaction with supply performance 4. Customer satisfaction with their Customer Solutions Center has been very high
5. Ergon energy has been committed to improve electrical safety awareness within the community and for that it has launched various campaigns such as ‘Working together to make this summer the best it can be’.
6. Ergon energy has aligned itself with changing value proposition of customers and their rising demand for solar energy.
7. Over 4500 people are employed with the organization
1. Its operations are concentrated in Queensland. This geographic concentration increases company’s risk. 2. Ergon does not have sufficient energy generation capacity as compared to global competitors
1. By expanding its operational geographic area it can generate growth. 2. Opportunities lie in the development of new energy technologies and by driving growth through that. 3. Opportunities lie in the evolution into smarter network by employing innovative ways like smart grid solutions. In recent years they have developed Grid Utility Support System (GUSS) which stores power during off-peak times and utilizes that power during times of peak demand.
1. Environmental factors such as cyclones and floods can hamper the profitability and network of Ergon Energy.
2. They sell electricity at the price set by the Queensland Competition Authority (QCA) and any changes in that may hamper the profitability of the company.
3. High wholesale spot energy prices can significantly harm the margin.
4. Energy industry is under the purview of various public policy and regulations which includes environmental laws and regulations as well. Thus policy uncertainty becomes a risk as any unfavorable policy can harm Ergon Energy.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.