SWOT Analysis of Stanwell Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Energy and utilities
Energy generated from various sources (water, gas,coal)
Industrial and commercial customers with energy and fuel requirements
Business and National Energy Market
Diversified energy business providing gas, coal and electricity products
1. Stanwell Corporation is the largest electricity generator in Queensland, Australia. It has a capacity of 4000MW. 2. It has diverse energy generation assets which are coal, gas and hydro. 3. It generates more than 150 MW of clean energy. 4. Owning competitively priced fuels enables them to sell those in case of better return rather than generating electricity.
5. They have various channels for selling which are trading through National Energy Market, selling coal and gas and through retail business Stanwell Energy which caters to commercial and industrial customers
6. Expertise of a workforce of over 800 people
1. Stanwell is not present in Solar PV segment industry which has increasing demand. It can hamper the business of traditional energy sources where Stanwell mostly operates in. 2. It is geographically concentrated in only in a few areas as compared to global companies
1. There are huge opportunities in the field of Liquefied Natural Gas industry. 2. Technologies such as battery storage technology and smart grids have immense potential. 3. By expanding its operational geographic area it can generate growth.
4. Growing demand for renewable energy has unlocked growth potential there as well.
1. Energy industry is under the purview of various public policy and regulations which includes environmental laws and regulations as well. Thus policy uncertainty becomes a risk as any unfavorable policy can harm Stanwell. 2. Volatility of electricity demand. 3. Volatility of electricity prices.
1. Energy Developments Limited 2. Macquarie Generation
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Stanwell Corporation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.