SWOT Analysis of EnergyAustralia with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Energy and utilities
Leading energy company in Australia with diverse power generation portfolio
Customers with gas and electricity requirements
Business and household
Competitively priced, reliable gas and electricity
1. It is one of the leading energy retailers in Australia with a customer base of approx. 3 million businesses and households. 2. It has diverse portfolio in power generation which includes coal and gas assets and renewable energy such as wind farms, solar PV. 3. It has become a leading provider of renewable energy and it was one of the largest provider of GreenPower accredited renewable energy. 4. EnergyAustraila has a strong CSR policy which includes a substantial amount in sponsorships, donations and community programs.
5. Provides customer service through various channels and winner of Australian Mobile Awards for making it easier to do business digitally.
1. Its operations are concentrated in Australia. This geographic concentration increases company’s risk.
2. It is one of the highest greenhouse gas producing company which has been criticized
1. By expanding its operational geographic area it can generate growth. 2. Opportunities lie in the development of new energy technologies and by driving growth through that. 3. With climate change there is growing demand in the renewable energy segment. This is an opportunity for EnergyAustralia.
1. Climate changes pose additional risk with regards to policy and regulation. 2. Policy uncertainty is a threat for EnergyAustralia as energy industry is under the purview of various public policy and regulations which includes environmental laws and regulations as well. 3. Decline in demand in the electricity due to uncertainty around carbon pricing and regulatory renewable energy targets.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EnergyAustralia. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.